Kaveh methanol complex has considered a Single Point Mooring (SPM) facility in order to load shipping vessels.
The SPM system consists of a Pipeline End Manifold (PLEM) located directly underneath the floating buoy in approximately 20 m water depth on the seabed. The SPM system is connected to the onshore facilities. The offshore pipeline is approximately 2.6 km in length and the onshore pipeline is approximately one km in length.
Kaveh Methanol’s product will be pumped through the onshore and offshore pipeline to the PLEM. From there the product will pass through a system of under buoy hoses, to the mooring buoy and finally into the tanker through a series of floating hoses.
SPM system specifications:
- Capability of loading vessels up to 300,000 DWT.
- Loading capacity of 3000 m3/h via 2×16˝ loading hose.
- Equipped to cam lock in order to accelerate the connection of hoses to the tanker.
- Equipped to various sizes of connectors in order to match with any tanker manifold size.
- Equipped with hook release in order to accelerate vessel disconnection from SPM.